Have you been impacted by the Coronavirus Pandemic?
Update August 4, 2022: We no longer have Emergency Rental Assistance Program funds (ERAP)
We do have other COVID Subsistence funding, however, these funds are limited to 3 months (90 days) and requires different paperwork.
NOTE: YOU MUST LIVE IN AN UNINCORPERATED AREA OF SPARTANBURG COUNTY TO BE ELIGABLE FOR THESE FUNDS.
If you have not been DIRECTLY impacted by COVID (for one of the following reasons) we do not have funds to assist.
ELIGIBLE DIRECT COVID IMPACT:
Note that a verifiable employer letter will be required if you have had reduced hours or lost employment
- Positive COVID-19 Test in AND LOST WAGES (if you were not working at the time, this would be an INDIRECT Covid impact, which we no longer have funding for)
- Reduced hours
- Lost employment
- Lost child care due to facility closing for the pandemic
For more details about eligibility, please read below.
We assist clients by appointment only Monday through Wednesday from 9-2pm. Walk-ins are not accepted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we can not accept incomplete or partial paperwork.
If you do not have an email or are having issues obtaining all the paperwork required, please call 578-6013 x 1601
An "eligible household" is defined as a household in which at least one or more individuals meets the following criteria:
- Qualifies for unemployment due to COVID‐19, has experienced a reduction in household income due to COVID‐19 or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID‐19;
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability (including eviction notice, utility shutoff notice, past due rent notice, past due utility notice, or past due mortgage (if not living in an incorporated area of Spartanburg County) due to COVID‐19;
- Has a household income at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income.
Level of Assistance
- Applicants will be required to provide documentation to support their eligibility for assistance.
- Depends on certain qualifications
Payment Method and Other IMPORTANT Information
- Funds will be paid directly to landlords, mortgage companies, and utility service providers who agree to participate in CDBG-CV.
- Priority will be given to those who have not received ERAP Rental assistance
- Application review time varies based on demand. Due to the increase in fraudulent requests, application review times are longer. Plan accordingly
- Assistance via CDBG-CV Funds requires a review period, we may not be able to assist before an eviction occurs. Plan accordingly.
- We can not guarantee a check will be sent before a scheduled eviction court date if you contact us less than 2 weeks before the event. Plan accordingly
- Check processing could take up to 2 weeks to be mailed. Plan accordingly
No Duplication of Benefits
- Assistance provided for an eligible household may not duplicate any other assistance, including federal, state, and local assistance provided for the same costs.
- An eligible household that occupies a federally‐subsidized residential or mixed‐use property may receive assistance, provided that funds are not applied to costs that have been or will be reimbursed under any other federal assistance.
- If an eligible household receives a monthly federal subsidy (e.g., a Housing Choice Voucher, Public Housing, or Project-Based Rental Assistance) and the tenant rent is adjusted according to changes in income, the renter household may receive CDBG-CV or ERAP assistance for the tenant-owed portion of rent or utilities that is not subsidized.
If you live in an unincorporated area of Spartanburg County and would like to apply click THIS LINK
to obtain the documents and instructions on applying for CDBG-CV assistance.