The ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) program at UFRC offers a four day, three hour class with group and individual instruction by a certified teacher and volunteers in speaking, reading, and writing English (including grammar) for speakers of other languages.
ESOL helps students to:
- prepare for the U.S. Citizenship test
- prepare to qualify to enter GED classes or college
- improve their employment opportunities
- improve communication with medical professionals
- learn to better understand their children’s teachers