Welcome! The purpose of our Christmas for Kids 2021 program is to fill the gap for parents at Christmas time. It provides the opportunity for parents to choose some Christmas gifts for their children in an effort to help stretch the family budget and make the season a little less stressful. Thanks to donations from our generous community, you get to choose gifts for your children.
This year, there is not a registration fee. However, if you could make a donation of any amount it would help us to continue to provide this program for families in our community. Thank you and Merry Christmas!
Please read our requirements carefully to determine if your family qualifies and to prepare for the application and approval process.
Documentation necessary to complete your application, you will upload photos of these in the application, so please have these ready before you begin:
Live in Spartanburg School District 2
Children are between the ages of 2 -18 (or a senior in high school)
Receive SNAP benefits (or be eligible for)
Children must live with applicant more than 50% of the year
Applications will be available:
November 1st through December 14th. Applications for assistance after December 14th may not be assisted as the Program ends on December 15th
Please note: Someone will call you to set your appointment time. Please note that some applicants from Chesnee, and surrounding areas will be served by our partner groups in that area.
- Most recent SNAP print out-
- Photo identification
- Proof of residency in Spartanburg School District 2 footprint:
- Examples of this are:
- Rent agreement
- Mortgage statement
- Electric or water utility bills.
- Only one of the above is required to upload in the application
- Proof of residency must be in the applicant's name
- Upon arrival for your appointment, you will be asked to complete the Spartanburg County Community Development Block Grant Form, which we will provide.
During the shopping appointment:
- One person per family will be allowed to shop
- No children will be allowed in the shopping area-- make arrangements before your appointment.
- Shoppers who are more than 5 minutes late to their appointment will forfeit their appointment.
- These shoppers will need to call and reschedule their appointment.