Welcome! The purpose of our Christmas for Kids 2020 program is to fill the gap for parents at Christmas time. It provides the opportunity for parents to choose some Christmas gifts for their children in an effort to help stretch the family budget and make the season a little less stressful. Thanks to donations from our generous community, you get to choose gifts for your children.
In response to COVID-19, we will not require the usual registration fee, however, we would like to ask families to make a donation of any amount to further support the program.
Please read our requirements carefully to determine if your family qualifies and to prepare for the application and approval process.
Documentation necessary to complete your application:
- Live in Spartanburg School District 2
- Children are between the ages of 2 -18 (or a senior in high school)
- Receive SNAP benefits (or be eligible for)
- Children must live with applicant more than 50% of the year
- Applications will be available:
October 1st through December 13th.
- Complete an online application (found HERE)
- Most recent SNAP print out
- Photo identification
- Proof of residency in Spartanburg School District 2 footprint (can be a 2020/2021 form from your child's school or current electric bill)
- CDBG Form (we will provide)
Families who have received assistance for 3 consecutive years (2017, 2018, 2019) are not qualified to participate in 2020.***
***If you have received Christmas assistance for the last three years, (2017, 2018, and 2019) and have been impacted by COVID-19 in 2020 you may qualify after review of the following required information:
Upon submitting your online application, you will be redirected to make an appointment to bring your required documentation.
- In writing please tell us how you have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Proof of how the pandemic affected you (bank statements, employer letter, pay stubs). You can also use THIS FORM to prove how COVID 19 impacted your employment/income
Once your application and documentation have been approved, a Harvest Family Ministry representative will call you to make your shopping appointment.
- Appointments will be made between December 7th through December 10th and December 14th through the 17th.
During the shopping appointment:
- One person per family will be allowed to shop.
- Masks and gloves will be required during the appointment.
- No children will be allowed in the shopping area-- make arrangements before your appointment.
- Temperatures will be checked before entering the store.
- Shoppers who are more than 5 minutes late to their appointment will forfeit their appointment.
- These shoppers will need to call and reschedule their appointment.